Smoking Cessation Triage Services
Smoking Cessation Triage Services provides assistance to all TRICARE eligible non-Medicare beneficiaries to quit smoking.
Smoking Cessation line:
As part of the smoking cessation/relapse prevention program all eligible beneficiaries are:
- strongly encouraged to quit smoking,
- offered assessment services,
- assistance in developing a clear quit plan and
- help with arranging resources.
is an educational campaign for the U.S. military, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense. The mission of the campaign web site is to help U.S. service members quit tobacco—for themselves and for the people they love.
- learn more about tobacco cessation,
- develop a personalized plan for quitting,
- create a personal or public blog, and
- communicate privately with trained cessation counselors with a live help feature.
Additional educational materials can be found on the TRICARE South Achieve Solutions website
Healthy People 2020
challenges all of us to take specific steps to ensure that good health, and a long life, is enjoyed by all. One of the leading indicators that will be used to measure the health of the nation over the next ten years is “tobacco use”. As a result, the smoking cessation triage services are available to assist in this effort.