Explanation of Benefits
While the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) has traditionally been distributed by mail, when you sign up at myTRICARE.com
, you’ll have the ability to view and print your TRICARE EOB online giving you access to your information anytime. Receive your EOB the ‘green’ way and help preserve the environment. Until you register to make the switch, you'll still receive a summary paper copy monthly by mail.
Remember, the EOB is not a bill. It is an itemized statement that shows what action TRICARE has taken toward your claims. If you are still receiving your EOB through the mail, you should be receiving one monthly statement. Instead of a separate EOB for each medical service you receive, you’ll get one itemized statement at the end of the month.
Enjoy the convenience of easy access and be eco-friendly with the electronic EOB by signing up today.
Reasons to make the switch
- Environment – By cutting out the use of paper, electronic EOBs save trees and reduce carbon emissions. Be a part of the Go Green movement.
- Security – The number one form of identity theft is through physical mail. An electronic EOB is one way to reduce the risk.
- Convenience – Access the website 24/7. Download your EOB when you need it.
- Speed – No waiting for mail delivery
- Storage – Eliminate clutter! EOBs are kept on file for four years.
To sign up for electronic EOBs, follow these three simple steps.
See a sample of an EOB and instructions on how to read it.
- After logging in to myTRICARE.com, click the “Select Your EOB Preferences” tab on the left side of the home page.
- Under the question “Would you like to check your EOBs online rather than receive them in the mail?” click “Yes.”
- Click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the page.
After reviewing the EOB, you have the right to appeal certain decisions regarding your claims. You can file an appeal
in writing within 90 days of the date of the EOB notice. You should keep EOBs with your health insurance records for reference.