Humana Military Named in the Top 25 for Military Times’ 2012 “Best Employers for Vets”
– April 25, 2012 — Humana Inc (NYSE: HUM) announces its wholly owned subsidiary, Humana Military Healthcare Services, is ranked 23 out of 40 for the Military Times EDGE magazine’s “Best for Vets” employers for 2012. Military Times is a weekly publication to active duty and retired members of the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps subscribers. Military Times surveyed and considered more than 1,000 major corporations and Department of Defense (DoD) contractors with a detailed questionnaire about hiring policies, recognition of veterans, and benefits for National Guard and Reservists.
The rankings were based on the following criteria:
- Recruiting: Budget and staff dedicated to military hiring, venues where jobs are marketed to veterans, and percentage of new hires who were veterans
- Reserve policies: Pay and benefits for National Guard and Reservists, policies to accommodate and support deployments
- Corporate Culture: Representation of veterans on the executive team, programs for military spouses and dependents, training, involvement in military and veteran causes
“We are honored to be recognized for our policies and hiring practices by the military community,” said Tim McClain, president of Humana Government and Other Business. “Our core business is service to our DoD and Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) partners. This recognition as one of the nation’s best employers for veterans, National Guard and Reservists truly is a testimony Humana stands committed to serving those who serve us.”
On this year’s list, Humana achieved the highest ranking of any health care company. Other companies listed in the “Best Employers for Vets” include USAA, JPMorgan Chase & Co., General Electric, Express Scripts, and Verizon Communications, Inc.
About Humana Military
Humana Military, a wholly owned subsidiary of Humana Inc. and headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, has been a Department of Defense contractor for the administration of the TRICARE program since July 1, 1996. In August 2003, Humana Military was awarded the contract to provide health-benefits support and services to approximately three million active duty and retired military and their eligible family members in the 10-state South Region.
Humana Inc., headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is a leading health care company that offers a wide range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. By leveraging the strengths of its core businesses, Humana believes it can better explore opportunities for existing and emerging adjacencies in health care that can further enhance wellness opportunities for the millions of people across the nation with whom the company has relationships.
More information regarding Humana is available to investors via the Investor Relations page of the company’s web site
including copies of:
- Annual reports to stockholders;
- Securities and Exchange Commission filings;
- Most recent investor conference presentations;
- Quarterly earnings news releases;
- Replays of most recent earnings release conference calls;
- Calendar of events (including upcoming earnings conference call dates and times, as well as planned interaction with research analysts and institutional investors);
- Corporate Governance information.
Back to Top